Worship Wednesday - Save My Soul


From the title of the post, you might be thinking that we're giving praise to a certain somebody, but I don't condone that and I'd rather partake in worshipping this heavenly angel sent from above by the name of JoJo (#LoveJo). 

After a rough couple of years of duking it out with her former label and an everlasting pit stop on the Jumping Trains project, she's finally emerged from the ashes with her Tringle composed of 3 rhythmic pieces of perfection. 

Specifically in today's post, I will be discussing her deep ballad (does it really qualify as a ballad though?) Save My Soul

Firstly, her vocals. Just wow. I knew Jo's vocal range was incredible, but I didn't realize it was THAT incredible, especially on those longer notes during the chorus where she belts out "you can't save me, yeah yeah" and then those higher pitched notes for the line "lord I try and I can't say no". I honestly can't wait for her next music project simply because of her strong powerhouse voice.

Secondly, the beat go hard doee. She begins by alluring is in with her somber piano chords and heart-wrenching lyrics. Then the suspense builds on the bridge and prepares the perfect knockout for the chorus when the pace picks up and it inherits this psychedelic and funky vibe to it as soon as the drums kick in. 

Thirdly, (only because it was released as a Tringle) the lyrics. We've all heard that one song where we just can't get a certain somebody out of our minds, body and soul, but yet, this one is so unique. Jo gets super personal with lyrics like "blood on the carpet, it's not you", "you're the pain and the medicine, one taste and I'm numb again", and "you got what you wanted, didn't you?" which is by far thee most haunting lyric in the song (namely because she repeats it from the beginning at the end).

Take a listen below.


Who should be worshipped next? Add a comment below.

Comments

Popular Posts