FLASHBACK(ishh) FRIDAY - All You Had To Do Was Stay


Welcome to today's somewhat installment of Flashback Friday featuring a track that's not exactly from the past, but the album is titled 1989 so it kind of counts. Anywho, with all technicalities aside, let's get down to the music. For the past couple days, I've had this track on repeat in my mind and I can't believe I'm only raving about it's genius 4 months after it's release (now does it qualify as a Flashback? No? Okay.)  From the depth of the lyrics to the hard-hitting punch into the chorus and that slightly irritating but ever so worth it, high-pitched "Staaaay!", this track hits all the right notes and makes me want to invest a time machine. Well more than just this track's genius, the first 9 tracks of T Swifty's album (not counting 'Welcome to New York') are pure masterpieces. Take a listen to today's featured track below.


What's your favorite blast from the past track? Add a comment below!

Comments

Popular Posts